ES - Frugal Costuming Competition

Axel , Jeanmaire & Diane Remes remes at flash.net
Tue Apr 28 16:57:37 PDT 1998

>From the Clothiers' Guild (That's me - Jeanmaire!)

First, my thanks to : the Baroness (however she's spelling her name today), Lady Arabella, and Lady Dierdre, all of whom have already contributed to the basket which is to be the prize for the Frugal Costuming Competition this weekend.  Also thanks to Galen & Allessandra for promising a contribution.  I will only be day-tripping to Springfaire, but will be there before 9am so that Axel can get his armor inspected.  Therefore anyone with contributions for the basket will be able to give them to me once I get there.

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!!  Axel has threatened to donate bits of rattan or used (but servicable?) armor straps, to fill up the basket.  I don't know about the other Clothiers' of the Known World, but that's not something I'd want to win!  We have had many donations of embroidery supplies, so it would be great if some sewing things went in.  As usual I am donating a Chatelaine (also known as a portable sewing kit).  I have also thrown in an entire roll of multi-colored trim with a brown background (15 - 20 yds. worth).

Eowyn - Did you tell me that you had sissors for the Chatelaine?  Would you be willing to judge?  Please let me know!

Reginlief - As last year's winner, I was counting on you to judge.  However, with your work on the feast, I am wondering if you will have time?  Please let me know!

That's all I can think of.

Harried, but In Service,
Mistress Jeanmaire