ES - willowdewisp at juno.com (Willow L Taylor): willowdewisp: Warlord classes

willow l herbert jonwillowpel at juno.com
Mon Apr 27 02:24:59 PDT 1998

DANCING AT WARLORD
pass it on.

Here are some of the classes that we will be having at the Dance
Symposium at Steppes Warlord. Our teachers range from Laurels and
professional teacher to some of the best dancers in the kingdom. Drumming
and music classes will be posted later. Most of our teachers have over 10
years of experience and many have more. The classes offer something to
everyone. We have the basics for the beginner to classes that might give
the advance dancers new ideas. This is a time for us to share what we
know. Bring any books, dance ideas, costumes, jewelry or anything of
interest to share with others. We will be having a show Saturday evening.
IF YOU WANT TO DANCE IN THIS SHOW CALL ME. 817-794-0320. We are also have
day time shows. These are for troupes and individuals that need
experience. Call me if you want a spot.
Call me for any reason.
WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME
Willow de Wisp

Basic walks
Tunisian -dance and costuming
Advanced Performing Techniques
A Collection of Advanced Movements
Veils
Choreography-A How-to for Groups and Individuals
Dance Persona Accessories -Turbans & Head Wraps Hair Extensions,Jewelry
Etiquette
Henna
Choreography- Learn a Performance Piece (Please bring a veil and scarf)
Period Props - scarf, hankies, sticks, swords
Period Costuming
Accents -How to add variety to your dance.
Step Families- Group related moves to solve the problem of "What to do
next?"
Beginning Middle Eastern Dance
zills
How to Dance to different Drum beats
Ethnic Dance

Round tables Discussions
The Dancer and the MIddle Eastern Persona
A panel discussion  to explore topic relating to the following;
What is the relationship between dancing and the MIddle Eastern persona?
What should a dancer wear?
When is dancing proper?
1 hour

The future of dance in this Kingdom
How period do we have to be?
Where does American Tribal fit into the study of Middle Eastern dance?
How are we going to deal with documentation?
How should we treat each other?
1 hour

Making Middle Eastern Music-----