ES - Defender

Phyllis Spurr Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
Wed Apr 1 09:20:40 PST 1998

> Date:          Wed, 01 Apr 1998 10:55:56 -0600
> From:          Paul Mitchell <pmitchel at flash.net>
> To:            elfsea at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject:       Re: ES - Defender

> Phyllis Spurr wrote:
> <snip>
> > > But since you bring it up, no reason we can't brainstorm on-line.
> > >
> > > Any neat ideas for our 20th-anniversary Elfsea Defender?
> >
> > I haven't organized it yet, but there was talk amongst some of the
> > Laurels of Elfsea of doing a 20th year Elfsea Laurel's Prize Tourney.
> > The competition would be judged on documentation of the item.  Like I
> > said, this hasn't been worked out yet.  Haven't talked to all the
> > Laurels within Elfsea, haven't put together rules, haven't done
> > anything except talk about it among a few of us.
> >
> > What do ya'll think?  Any constructive suggestions?
> >
> > Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys
>
> A documentation of A&S competition?  ...  ... OK!?!
> I don't object, but it wouldn't be to my taste.
>
> - Galen

The recent Gulf Wars brought out the fact  that Ansteorran artisans'
documentation could be better.  This is where most artisan's lost
points in the competition.  The items/articles displayed were good,
the documentation was good.  but the documentation could have been
better.  Ideally, without judging the workmanship of the item, the
documentation should be good enough to judge the article.  It would
include how the article would have been made, how the artisan made
it, what was different such as I used a modern tool that I bought
instead of making the tool that would have been used, etc.

Once again, this is just speculation at this point, nothing has been
put together, no consensus has been reached.  Just my (mis)
conception of what we were dicussing.

Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra  (Fort Worth, Texas)
Central Regional Seneschal
e-mail:  Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
office phone:  (817) 264-4384
home phone:    (817) 460-1539