ES - Defender A&S

Phyllis Spurr Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
Thu Apr 2 12:30:08 PST 1998

> From:          "Terry Harper" <terryharper at hotmail.com>
> Well, I for one like to keep is simple, however, inclusive.  The basics
> imho, are:   1)  When was it done?
>                     2)  Where was it done?
>                     3)  How did they do it?
>                     4)  How did I do it differently?
>                     5)  Materials used then vs. now
>                     6)  Bibliography, or where you got your info and
>                         possibly a "for further reading" guide.
>
> If a person answers all of these questions, they pretty much have
> covered documentation.  However, there will always be those who would
> like to see more info, less info, and so forth.  If we can just get the
> majority of our artisans into the basics, I believe the fine tuning can
> be done later.
>
> Just my two, (or three) cents worth.
>
> Reginlief

I agree with Mistress Reginlief with her above list.  I also like to
see why a particular project was done and if this is your first
attempt at a particular form.  If a anything was done differently in
construction or if different materials were used - why?  In
the bibliography I like to be able to glance and see which are
considered primary sources, including page numbers of where you got
your information.

I like to see all the info on one page with in-depth explanations
behind the "summary".  This is where your pictures of like items can
be placed.  When typing your documentation do not shrink the type
below a 10 pitch to make it fit.  Some of us old-timers can't read
small print any longer.  If you do not have access to a typewritter
or computer - you should not be penalized, but sloppy handwriting
would be.

Place your documentation in some type of folder, preferably not
stunningly modern.  Take a binder and make a cloth cover for it.  If
you do leatherwork, make a leatherfolder.

Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra  (Fort Worth, Texas)
Central Regional Seneschal
e-mail:  Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
office phone:  (817) 264-4384
home phone:    (817) 460-1539