ES - Documentation Competition

Phyllis Spurr Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
Thu Apr 2 08:10:14 PST 1998

>> From:          Paul Mitchell <pmitchel at flash.net>

> OK, so we're talking about an A&S competition where you _only_
> judge the documentation.  It seems a fair balance for all those
> competitions that don't require _any_ documentation.  I'm
> still not intrigued enough to enter, but I find myself asking
> why bother with the piece at all, why not just enter the
> documentation?
>
> - Galen

Talk about a boring A&S competition.  No, the item would need to
accompany the documentation.  I don't believe that the competition
should be based solely on the paperwork, just weighted in favor of
the paperwork.  The item would be needed.  Not that I know of
anyone who would be so dishonorable, but this would eliminate
the possibility of putting together 'drop dead' documentation for an
item that does not exist.  In addition, we want our artisans to
wow the populace and gain wordfame with a display of items for the
attendees to admire.

stepping up onto my own little soapbox....
I truly believe it is the duty of our populace to support their
artisans by taking a little time out of their day to admire the works
of those who take enormous time to try to recreate a piece of
history.
stepping down from my own little soapbox...

Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra  (Fort Worth, Texas)
Central Regional Seneschal
e-mail:  Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
office phone:  (817) 264-4384
home phone:    (817) 460-1539