ES - Defender

margiejr margiejr at sprintmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:41:36 PST 1998

>Simone mentioned a "newbie"

My mistake Old habbits die hard..Sorry if I offended anyone.

 (I understand the correct term is now newcomer as
>I have been told by several people.) list.  I also mentioned the fact that
Sir
>Lance and I would like to sponsor a newcomer list to the Baroness and to
>Viscount Galen.  I liked your idea about sponsoring the fighters.  What do
you
>think about the fighter being sponsored by the ladies of the barony rather
>than the veteran fighters.

The reasoning for having the fighters spponcered by the verten fighters is
to get the seasoned fighters mor involved with the new fighters, and visa
versa
. The Idea of having them sponcered by a lady is also good...Hmmm I wonder
Have the Newcomer be sponcered by a seasoned fighter and a lady. then have
it a team list....newcome fights a round, his seasones vetran figher fights
a round, then they both fight a round together as a team?....were just
Brainstorming right

>We were thinking about either basket hilts or some useful piece of armor as
>prize.  <SNIP>  We would really like to have rattan
>for the prize if we can find some.

I've seen starter sets to leather given as prized to newcomes. Duke Michael
should know were you can find ratan. and Tor Might know also

> Does anyone mindif we sponsor such a list?

I was kinda thinking of sponcering it when I sugested it 8(

Simone