ES - A word about newcomers, and this list

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Thu Apr 9 23:18:18 PDT 1998

Galen,

I did attend the button class tonight (or last night as it is now) and as
always had a good time and learned a lot.  I think there were 7 in
attendance besides Meistress Eowyn who was teaching.  The age spread was
from teenage up to me as the oldest (of course).  But we all got a button
made and since the Baron was not there, we got to keep them this time. (G)
I have decided to make a separate book of handouts and entitle it "Things I
have learned from Eowyn".  I think this would be a good thing!  Looking
forward to the next class.

Bicé

At 10:41 AM 4/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Good morning!
>
>I should be working, but instead I'm writing this...
>
>I've had a bit of an increase in e-mail correspondance
>from new members of late, as well as correspondance
>with oldtimers talking about getting active again.
>Too, an increasing number of people from outside
>Elfsea have been subscribing to the Elfsea list.  This
>is all a Good Thing, but I always like to know who's
>reading what I write, and I thought you would, too,
>as at least two people have decided to have almost
>their first exposure to Elfsea be the Elfsea list
>this week (though I hope they'll soon be out to
>fighter practice or some other meeting).  So don't
>hesitate to discuss details of the gatherings we're
>having (_I_ know everyone's welcome at Eowyn's
>class tonight, but others might not, for instance),
>do be welcoming to new faces when you see them at
>fighter practices or when you see their postings
>here.
>
>Thanks!
>
>- Galen of Bristol
>Elfsea List Administrator