ES - Newcomers' favors!

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 07:18:15 PDT 1998

>Greetings to all from Lady Genevieve de la Gamba, Rapier Guardian
>of Dragonsfire Tor:
>
> As you all know, Guardian of the Tor is this weekend.  I would like
>to announce that I will make favors for all fighters in the Light,
>Heavy and Archery lists who have fought less than one year.  Why, do
>you ask?  As you all know, my victory last year was my first
>tournament victory, and it was made extra special by the fact that I
>had only been fighting for six months.  I want every newcomer to know
>not to give up in the face of adversity, even when facing a
>Knight, Master, or Don.

Lady, I commend your actions and ideas.  Not everyone can remember what
being new to the Society was like (I know it's hard for me to remember
sometimes, so gosh Galen can you remember pre-Society days? :)
>  The Tor is a special place for me, and I want every newcomer to
>feel welcome to fight in one of the best tournaments in the area.  So
>all good gentles, please pass the word.  This lady would gladly
>sponsor any newcomer to our great Game.  Seek me out at the list >field
before each list, and each will have a favor!

I find the Tor is special, period.  They are wonderful people and hold
wonderful events.  I would also be happy to sponsor an up-and-coming
fighter at this event.  So save me one!

>In Service to our Dream,

And to the Society,

>Lady Genevieve de la Gamba