ES - Family History

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Sat Apr 25 18:42:21 PDT 1998

I can remember who pleased I was when, just on a chance wandering in the
library, finding a book entitled THE MABRY FAMILY.  A distant cousin in
WI had researched our family back to 1672, when Francis Mabry came over
as an indentured servant.  All we know about life in Wales (seems he was
from a border area in northern Wales) is that that's were he came from.
We know more about him, his six sons, and how and where they lived --
Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, North Georgia.  And, for those
interested, I am a 13th generation Mabry on these shores.

Rob Macchietto wrote:

> Greetings Lady Allessandre,
>
> I noted in your message that you said your ancestors are from Italy.  Do you know where abouts they're from?  My ancestors hail from Sicily and severel cousins are still there.  Also, what's your maiden name or the family name of your Italian side?
>
> Robert Vespuci
> (MKA Rob Macchietto)
>
> <<< "Karie Mitchell"   4/24  3:32p >>>
>  <snip>
>
> >Thanks for letting me share this with you. Its not every day you
> >finally get to meet someone like this, esp since I never knew my
> >grandparents, nor hardly any cousins.
>
> I know something of how you feel.  My family was military and we never
> lived in the same region, let alone the same state, as my relatives.  We
> visited in the summers, which was incredible.  We have cousins galore,
> but most still reside on the East Coast in the New England area.  Once I
> attended a family reunion and it was incredible to see the "family
> resemblance" in so many people!  My family history stops though with the
> crossing of the Atlantic, (at least that is all I know of.)  Supposedly
> though, my family still has distant cousins still living in Italy.  My
> sister Kelly tracked down some of them I think.  I am glad that you got
> to learn more about who your ancestors were.  I think some of us in the
> SCA are also looking for a link with our past that we never found in our
> families.  Congratulations!
>

> >Vivaine Taarnfalk
> >Barony of Elfsea
>
> Allessandre,
> Happy citizen of Elfsea

Spence Mabry
Director
13th Annual BlueBonnet Brew-Off 1999
The Country's Largest Regional HomeBrerw Competition outside the
Nationals