ES - A thank you to all of you...

Axel , Jeanmaire & Diane Remes remes at flash.net
Thu Aug 20 05:00:24 PDT 1998

Hello all,

   Most of you have probably heard by now...but for those of you who
have not I lost both my parents in an automobile accident in Michigan's
upper peninsula on the 28th of July....It has been a rough time for
us...and I'm sorry it's taken me this long to get in touch with you, I'm
convinced it could have been a lot rougher on us except for the love and
comfort that came pouring out from our relatives and friends from all
over the SCA. We would like to take this time to thank you all, that
I've held up as well as I have, can be directly attributed to my wife,
daughter and all of you.

For those of you that would like to know the specifics...my parents were
killed returning to their vacation condo from visiting old friends in
Northern Wisconsin.
My father seems to have had aneurysm and died at the wheel, the car
swerved across the road and had a head-on collision with another car. My
mother died some hours later at the hospital. No one in the other car
was killed however the 4 occupants were badly injured.

On the plus side, my parents had put my wife, daughter and I on an
airplane from upper Michigan to Dallas on the 27th, so we had seen each
other for several days prior to the accident. We had all been attending
a Remes family reunion on Saturday the 24th so most of my fathers family
had seen each other. My parents had been living in Salisbury North
Carolina for 10 years and had only been gone about a week and a half, so
my mothers sister and mother who live in Salisbury had seen them nearly
every day for 10 years.

My childhood began on the 21st of June 1956 and ended about 3:00 PM on July
28th 1998...A 42 year childhood is a wondeful legacy for my parents to have
given me...I just hope I can do as well raising my daughter as my parents
did with me.

Again, I have been deeply touched by the outpouring of love from
everywhere especially from the far reaches of the SCA, many of whom we
have not been in contact with for years.

                  Thank you all,

                                    Axel