ES - FW: Arthur's men

Todd Marsh todd_marsh at pagenet.com
Thu Aug 27 12:13:13 PDT 1998

Alden sent me the words to this song.  I thought some of the Arthurian
Company would like to learn it. I promise to sing it at Gothic War.

Llywelyn

ARTHUR'S MEN
By Maelgwyn Dda

The Saxons raid the eastern farms; the people flee in fear.
Their Chieftain sends out the alarm for Arthur's men to hear.

Chorus:  So, Arthur's men must ride tonight, out across the fen, And
civ-lization's flick'ring light rides out with Arthur's men.

Pict and Scot and Viking Norse invade from North and West;
Undeterred by local force, succeeding in their quest.
Chorus

Barbarians from every shore come hungering for our land.
They claim our soil for evermore with sword in bloody hand.
Chorus

(Softly)
And as the ages flicker by, and kingdoms come and go, Arthur's men
will guard the light from all the storms that blow.
Yes, Arthur's men still ride tonight . . .