ES - Trevor

Arabella de Montacute ladyarabella at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:28:55 PDT 1998

Ok it's time - I have been waiting for this day for the last 6 weeks!!!!
     On the 7th of July, my 4-year-old son Trevor had surgery to repair
a broken collar bone due to a birth defect.  He has been in a half body
cast since then, over the surgery shoulder, around his entire body, past
his waist and down to his hips.  (We called it his armor.)
     Today we go back to see his surgeon.  He will cut off part of
the cast, over the surgical site, to x-ray the bones and see how the
progress of healing and bone growth has occurred.  (x-rays don't
penetrate completely through fiber glass for a really clear picture.)
If every thing is going as planned, he will take the rest of the cast
off.  YEAH!!!  I really want this rock off my child.
     If things are going really well, the surgeon will do a local
anesthetic, make a small incision, and take out the pin holding the bone
grafts in place.   Then we'll be done, at least for now.  We'll probably
have to return for yearly visits and x-rays for several years.  That's
nothing new, been doing that since he was born.
     If you will, please say a few prayers for things to be going well
enough to have the cast removed, or to grant me strength if it's not.

Love ya'll very much, thank you all for caring enough to ask how Trevor
has been doing, and supporting me in this stressful time.
Arabella