No subject

Estella Flather Elfsea at flash.net
Sat Aug 15 00:53:40 PDT 1998

Demos

Greetings from Mistress Stella
Seneschal of Elfsea

This is a general reminder about demos, as there has been some miscommunication about them lately.

You do not need a warrant to held a demo, but if you are asked to do a demo in a group's area, it would be nice to inform that group, because you never know, someone may want to help out. It is also part of the Seneschal's duties to report what demos have occurred and they can't do that if they don't know what is happening.

If fighting is going on at a demo- this is important- any fighter not having a current blue membership card must sign a blanket waiver! This is a corporate rule! It is a really bad idea to have people who are not authorized putting on armor because you don't have enough people to hold a fighting demo. This gives a bad impression of our group. If people have not signed the waiver and get hurt, you or the other fighters that day can get personally sued or in extreme cases charged with assault. So please, especially if you are holding a fighting demo check with the local Seneschal and make sure you know about the appropriate paperwork.

Always keep in mind that you cannot volunteer our group to do things without discussing it at business meeting. We are happy to discuss any item of importance to our Barony. You don't need to be an officer to come to business meeting. Communication is very important!

Thanks for keeping these things in mind. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
				In service,
				Mistress Stella