ES - Books available for loan

Richard Threlkeld rjt at acm.org
Mon Dec 21 18:25:18 PST 1998

Good news,

My order of Compleat Anacronists just came in.  I now have all of them
except:
7 - Pure Air and Fire Indeed a Horse (equestrian stuff - I missed it)
13 - out of print  (if you have it, can I copy it?)
17 - out of print  (if you have it, can I copy it?)
33 - To Cure Humanity (I have it, but it is loaned out)
80 - Things to Wear - Clothing of the Hein Period Japan (pulled by the BOD)

Plus (from the SCA),
The Chirurgeons' Handbook (several copies)
The Kingdom Seneschal's Handbook
SCA Organizational Handbook
The New SCA Fighter's Handbook
The Marshal's Handbook (several)
The Simple Renaissance Shirt (#207)
Laws of the Kingdom of Ansteorra
Take a Thousand Eggs or More (a collection of 15th century recipes) Vol. 1 &
2
Footwear of the Middle Ages
Glossary of Terms as used by the College of Arms of the SCA
The Book of Dance - Volume 1
SCA Chancellor of the Exchequer Officer's Handbook

>From non-SCA, but seemingly appropriate for the SCA,
Passion Feasting - recipes from the middle ages (no documentation)
A History of Arms - coffee table style book on arms and armor
Medieval Cities - Their Origins and the Revival of Trade
Heraldry of Lithuania - mostly modern, but some medieval
Concise Encyclopedia of Heraldry - Rothery (two)
The Age of Plantagenet and Valois - Flowler - coffee table style book
The Renaissance - Time/Life style book, but good pictures
A Viking Town - Time/Life style, but good pictures
Cultural Atlas of the Renaissance - coffee table style book - many good
pictures
The Art of Heraldry (Origins, Symbols, and Designs) by Peter Gwynn-Jones the
	English Garter King of Arms!
Historic Costume in Pictures - over 1450 Costumes on 125 Plates - with dates
Heraldic Crests - 4,424 Designs - Fairbairn
Heraldry (A Pictorial Archive for Artists & Designers) - Fox-Davies
Heraldry - Bedingfeld and Peter Gwynn-Jones
Early Blazon - Brault (mainly terms and examples with doc)
Design you own Coat of Arms - An Introduction to Heraldry
In Search of the Dark Ages - Wood
The Medieval Reader - Cantor
The Origin of English Surnames - P. H. Reaney (standard text)
A Dictionary of English Surnames - P. H. Reaney & Wilson (two)
Unsere Vornamen - German names with doc (in German)
The High Medieval Dream Vision - Poetry, Philosophy, and Literary Form -
Lynch
The Adventures of Ibn Battuta - A Muslim Traveler of the 14th Century - Dunn
The Oxford history of Britain - Morgan
The Cassell Dictionary of First Names - Room - some doc
Hans Bahlow Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt - Place names (in German)
Duden TaschenBucher - Lexikon der Vornamen - German names with some doc
The Mabinogion - Dover edition
Lord Randal and other British Ballads - Dover edition
Scottish Toasts and Graces - MacLean
A fool & his Money (Life in a partitioned medieval town) - Wroe
Royalty, Peerage, and Aristocracy of the World (90th edition)
The Prince and the Discourses by Niccolo Machiavelli
Fabulous Feasts (Medieval Cookery and Ceremony) - Cosman
War in the Middle Ages - Philippe Contamine
and others not currently at hand.

All are available for free short-term loan with the appropriate blood oaths.
And
Guido will come talk to you for seriously overdue books.  I also have rather
complete libraries of computer, accounting, publishing, and leadership
books.

In service to Elfsea and Ansteorra
Caelin on Andred