ES - For those interested in fighting...

James Rozell JRozell at sageus.com
Mon Dec 14 09:42:15 PST 1998

	>What is the importance of winning in SCA combat?

		The importance of winning a tournament is that it gives me a
goal to strive for. It also gives me something to help gauge how well I'm
applying what I've learned in practice.

		The answer to that question, on a general level, is
difficult at best. Since, the reasons can vary from person to person.
Although, I would think that regardless of who we were, the winner of a
tournament, would have a sense of accomplishment. Possibly, a graeter sense
of confidence, knowing that they set out to win the tournament, and was able
to do so.

	-Conor/Bear