ES - For those interested in fighting...

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Mon Dec 14 19:45:48 PST 1998

Paul Mitchell wrote:

> Since (correct me if I'm wrong here) we're done with fighter
> practice for the next month or so, I'd like to offer a
> question for discussion among those who have an opinion
> on the topic:
>
> What is the importance of winning in SCA combat?
>
> <Ben Stein monotone>
> Anybody?  Anybody?  Anybody?
> </Ben Stein monotone>
>
> - Galen

Leave it to you galen to put out such a personality question.
I will tell you what winning means in SCA COMBAT to me. NOT VERY MUCH.
Do I like it yes. Would I mind it no. does it happen very often,
hopefully more in the future. Let me tell everyone from a person who had
to stand down from fighting because of bad ankles. Enjoy the feeling of
competion from your friends you know and those you have yet to meet.
Winning means nothing!
Playing means everything!
Richard Fairbourne