ES - For those interested in fighting...

Almar Bjarnklo almar_b at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 05:08:09 PST 1998

Sir Galen asked
"<snip>
What is the importance of winning in SCA combat?"

To me its breaking every bone in my oponents body!!!

Do I have your attention???  just kidding <grin>  I have read alot of
replys to this and the answer seems to be the same.
We WIN by having FUN.  That is what it is all about.  I don't know a
single Unhonorable fighter in Elfsea.  To fight without Honor is not
what We do.  I have "Lost" many times and Won in the long run.  I have
also won where I have lost ( by preception).  I love to win, that is
what drives me, for I am very competative, but I do not "live" for
winning.  I go to a tournament to "WIN"..  My definition of Winning is
Having fun.  Will I win the Toury? no most times not, do I have fun?
Hell yes. Did I WIN?  YES
  An old saying is " It is better to call a "light" shot GOOD than a
good shot "light"!
  Merry Christmas to everyone down there, and have a very safe Holiday
season.  Miss Ya'll...

 Oh for those interested...  I now live in Detroit Michigan.  I am
playing with a group named " Darkyard"  They are in the barony of the
Roaring Waste.  We have a house, with a garage and fenced in yard.
Brownie is doing very well.  Tatyana and I will be married at Gulf War.
We will send invites soon.  Well thats about it.
  Take care,
  Almar