ES - For those interested in fighting...

Todd Marsh Llywelyn at home.com
Sat Dec 19 18:49:46 PST 1998

Drake wrote:
It truly feels dishonorable to enter a list in which you are the favorite.  The nagging guilt whispers in the
back of your head "Let someone else enjoy the thrill of victory, you putz!"

I agree.  I think that everyone who competes feels this when they start achieving success.  Xene said she has karate trophies and arts victories that she was not challenged for, so this is true for all sorts of competitions.  When you get used to competing at the top levels, you have to do your best in every competition.  Why?
- To set an example for others, and show them how it's done.
- Sometimes other competitors surprise you.
- To show that you deserve the award you are working for.
- So you will know that you worked for the victory, and didn't just slide by.

Nobody gets to be the best without working hard for it.  If someone gets depressed that they can't win, remind them of what you have done to get where you are.

Llywelyn