ES - Fearghus's auto Accident

Arabella de Montacute ladyarabella at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 30 23:53:51 PST 1998

Ok to put you folks at ease..... Don't worry.....Here's the facts.

     Fearghus was on his way home from work on Tuesday late afternoon.
He was stopped at a light and was rear ended by another car and slammed
into the intersection.
     The other car was being followed by the Hurst police and they were
watching him because of his driving.  The accident happened in Ft Worth
so Fort Worth police wrote the accident report.  The other driver had
apparently been on antidepressive medication and taken too many.  The FT
Worth officer said the driver, when given the field sobriety test, was a
border line case, he was not drunk, they couldn't smell alcohol,  but
had some facilities.  His wife came to take him home.
     The other driver has insurance, actually from the same company, so
payment should not be a problem.  Fearghus car was damaged more than a
fender bender.  The rear bumper was flat against the car, the left rear
quarter panel was compressed out approximately 4 inches, when the left
rear door was opened it would not close because of the bent metal, and
we will probably have to pry the trunk open to get Fearghus's armor out.
Thank God his electric Scooter wasn't in his trunk.  At this time we
need to wait until January 4th to pry the trunk open, that's when we see
the claims adjuster.  we are hoping there is enough damage they'll just
total the car and give us money so we can go get another.  Keep your
fingers crossed.
     Fearghus himself told me on the phone when it happened his back was
hurting.  I told him to tell the police to call him an ambulance and get
him to the hospital for testing.  He has severe Scoliosis (curviture of
the spine) and has had at least 4 operations for corrections, this is
not something we take lightly.
     I called Crandall so we could retrieve Fearghus car, which drives
but very shakily.  (I thank Crandall and Gwendolyn for being a true
friends and coming to our aide when we needed them.)  We then spent 6
F_____ING hours waiting for xrays at the emergancy room at Columbia
Hospital in South Arlington.  Don't ever go there to the emergency room!
The doctor said nothing was broken, and treated him for whip lash, gave
him prescriptions for a muscle relaxant, a pain killer and an
antiinflamitory and put him in a soft collar.  Told us to see our
orthapedist (sp) Which we did on Wed.  He sent Fearghus over to Cooks
Childrens for detailed Scoliosis Lumbar X-rays.  I think they shot 10
views.  When we were done he came home and went to bed.  We see our back
doctor on Tuesday to discuss results of the x-rays.  We'll let you guys
know.

     The party is still on..... I won't have my kids YEAH!!! Yours are
welcome but I won't have to be responsible for them,   heheheheh :)  See
you all Tonite - Arabella