ES - Elfsea news coverage

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Wed Jan 28 12:39:29 PST 1998

Well the UTA _Shorthorn_ did a pretty good job of
covering our event on-campus from this weekend.

It's the Monday, January 27, 1998 edition.

A nice article with quotes from Zara Zina, Phillip,
Llywelyn, and myself, and color photos of Stella in
armor, Fearghus shooting, Marcus (of the Steppes)
working on a dagger, me teaching heraldry to kids,
Ceinwen watching the fighting with her son, and,
on the front page, Corbin fighting Delvos.

That last has the worst cutline of the article,
identifying the SCA as a "17th century Western
Europe reenactment group" (the body of the article
gets it right, as pre-17th century), and mis-
identifies Corbin as Almar (but they're practically
interchangeable, right?).

I got a bunch of extra copies, but if you get a
chance today, they're probably still on the stands.

- Galen