ES - I'm back....

Richard Threlkeld rjt at acm.org
Fri Jul 24 09:43:30 PDT 1998

> Does anybody know how to make a dry-ice evaporating cooler?  I
> remember Reginlief described one that Tor made to cool their tent
> at some event using dry ice and a fan, but don't remember the
> details.  I have some battery operated fans, and was just
> wondering what we could do about it

Have not tried it, but have thought about putting dry ice in a box
with slats in the bottom and putting the box above and behind a
box fan so the cold air will drop and be pulled through the fan.
I suspect the dry ice will go fast though.

You might try a closed tent with the box of dry ice and a fan.
That might get the tent cool (if traffic is minimal) and reduce
the melting rate of the dry ice.

Caelin