ES - Surviving with a smile

Sharon P. vivaine at flash.net
Sun Jul 26 17:45:36 PDT 1998

I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this
trying time of my mother's recent heart attack.  She is doing so much better
and will be allowed to go home Monday.  The Doctors say that she had a blood
clot go to her heart.

In 75% or more of the cases of people my mothers age (73), either death or
severe heart damage is suffered. Because my mother eats very well and works
out (no fried food and she does 10 miles a day on an exercise bike plus
walks), plus has a 'younger than average attitude', she survived amazingly
with little to no heart damage, and her body dissolved the clot on her own.
She is suffering more from the hospital stay and the tests.

Because of her healthy lifestyle, she was able to not only survive this, but
to come out relatively unscathed.

As spread to the wind like leaves, my family may be apart, but we are all
very close. I thank everyone for the emails and good thoughts and support.
I am just not ready to lose them yet.

I also want to thank Hengist who stood by my side the whole time, and never
let me be alone in this.  I would not have been as strong without him.

Vivaine Taarnfalk.
(sharon palkowetz)
Smiling citizen of Elfsea