ES - Transporting weapons

Jan Nowlan nowlanj at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 12 13:40:30 PDT 1998

Conor na Mara wrote:

Also, if someone does get arrested for having a weapon. It's a Class C
misdemeanor, and they can expect to spend about $1000 in court and lawyer fees,
25
hours of community service, and 1 year probation (some of which is supervised).
The upside of that is that whoever will get Defferred Ajudication which wont
erase
the arrest off  but wont show a conviction on thier record. (jail time not
included). Lastly, the courts usually will keep the weapon. The, to me anyways,
is
enough to warrant being very careful when transporting weapons.

WoW!!?

I hate to hear it.....Sounds as though this is said from experience?

Any Law Enforcement types out there who can add to this discussion?  I have
been known to walk into a Grocery Store donning my Dirk.....