ES - Virus ALERT

Matthew G. Saroff msaroff at pca.net
Thu Jun 25 20:43:33 PDT 1998

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Paul Mitchell wrote:

> > But if you download it, you will
> > lose everything!!!!
>
> Real viruses don't go into action just from being downloaded.
> But most virus "warnings" warn of _dire_ consequences from merely
> downloading a virus.
Hi,
	This reminds me of a warning that I should give everyone:  If your
mailer automatically downloads attachments (if your friend sends pictures,
those are attachments) make sure that they are sent to a different
directory than where your mailer is.
	I know of a bit of local internet color (The Mighty MacDaddy) who
got a virus with the same name as his mail program (in that case
eudora.exe), and when he next checked the mail, the torjan horse went off.

--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes