ES - ANST - Estrella 99

Jan Nowlan nowlanj at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 11 13:43:51 PDT 1998

Greetings,

Thought I would pass this along.  Especially since not every one is on the
Ansteorran list. (wink)

In Service...
Muirgien

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Atenveldt and Caid have come to an agreement.  Looks like 1999 will be a
good year for wars.  The following was forwarded to the Artemisian,
Outlandish, and Calon lists.

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CROWN [ of Atenveldt ]

We, Mathghamhain and Katerina, King and Queen of Atenveldt, and Our Heirs TRH
Douglas and Amanda, Crown Prince and Princess of Atenveldt, are pleased to
announce We have reached an agreement with the Kingdom of Caid about the
Estrella War and Great
Western War.  This agreement was signed and announced at Caid Coronation on
June 6,1998.  We wish it known that this agreement is the direct result of an
offer extended by the Territorial Barons and Baronesses of Atenveldt in a
Letter delivered to the Crown of Caid at the recent Potrero War.  The Letter
from the Barons and the resulting signed agreement appear below.

LETTER FROM THE BARONAGE OF ATENVELDT UNTO THE CROWN AND KINGDOM OF CAID

Greetings unto the Crown and Kingdom of Caid, From the Baronage of Atenveldt,
Each of us share a deep sense of regret for the estrangement the Kingdoms of
Caid and Atenveldt have suffered in recent past.  So much of our history and
growth has come to pass with our armies locked in a struggle for honor and
glory.  It is clear that the bsence of this struggle has left something missing
in our Kingdom.   We also hold great hope that our two Kingdoms will, once
again, meet upon the same field in the spirit of honor and comradeship.

The Estrella War is an event unequaled in importance to the culture of
Atenveldt.  We recognize that The Great Western War, held on the same weekend
as Estrella, has become important for Caid as well.  This schism has prevented
our traditional interaction.  Members of our populace wish to attend The Great
Western War, but are unable to, and many of your people are missed at Estrella
each year.  We would have both of these events be an opportunity for our
populace to share our common interests.

In pursuit of this idea, and after careful consideration of the finite
resources of our membership and the priorities of our Kingdom, We offer Caid
the following promise:  The Baronies of The Kingdom of Atenveldt shall not hold
Baron's War on Columbus Day Weekend, nor within 30 days before, or after the
Saturday of Columbus day weekend.

This offer is in expectation that Caid will move The Great Western War to
Columbus Day weekend.  It shall be effective in 1999, and be in place for as
long as it is Caid's pleasure to hold The Great Western War on Columbus Day
Weekend.

We understand the reasons that Caid departed from The Estrella War. Atenveldt
has shown, in the past, poor continuity amongst it's leadership at the highest
level, and failed to consistently address the Concerns of Caid at the Estrella
War.  Baron's War is a popular event with important intra-Kingdom goals of it's
own that are not tampered with lightly.  As
representatives of our populace, It is our hope that this offer
communicates the depth of our commitment to see your return.

In Service to the Crown of Atenveldt,

Baron Robin and Baroness Penelope, Barony and Baroness of Atenveldt
Baron Lothar and Baroness Katherine, Baron and Baroness of Tir Ysgithir
Baron Padraig and Baroness Rowen, Baron and Baroness of Sun Dragon
Baron Philip and Baroness Selena, Baron and Baroness of Mons Tonitrus
Baron Dietrich and Baroness Ynez, Baron and Baroness of Twin Moons
Baron Gwylym and Baroness Gwenddwyn, Baron and Baroness of Ered Sul

AN AGREEMENT  BETWEEN THE SOVEREIGN REALMS OF ATENVELDT AND CAID

Recognizing that Our realms are bound together not only by our
geographical proximity, but by shared history, goals, and ideals, the Kingdom
of Caid enters into an agreement with the Kingdom of Atenveldt for the good of
these Kingdoms, and for the Greater Good of the Society.

* Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt has already included the Kingdom of Caid in
decisions related to the evaluation of a site for Estrella War XV,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt is making the medieval aspects of
Estrella War XV (particularly the design and execution of the combat scenarios
and the arts competitions), an inter-kingdom event between the Principal
Kingdoms of Caid, the Outlands and Artemisia,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt will continue to make the medieval aspects
of Estrella War an inter-kingdom event for future Estrella Wars,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt has published all financial
aspects of 1998's Estrella War XIV (including distribution of monies for
volunteer hours) to its Own Populace, and to the Populace of the Principal
Kingdoms,

* Whereas Kingdom of Atenveldt Law mandates that Atenveldt will
continue to publish, regular financial information explaining all financial
aspects of 1999's Estrella War XV (including distribution of monies for volunt
eer hours) to its Own Populace, and to the Populace of the Principal Kingdoms,

* Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the Kingdom of Caid agree not to change
the agreed upon design of combat scenarios and arts competitions defined in an
Estrella War Treaty without extreme reluctance and the full mutual agreement of
all Principal Monarchs or Their representatives,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the Six Baronies of the
Kingdom of Atenveldt have sent a written pledge to the Kingdom of Caid stating
neither Barons War, nor any other Atenveldt sponsored War, shall be held in
Atenveldt 30 days before or 30 days after the three day weekend of Columbus Day,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Caid has pledged neither Great Western War, nor any
other Caid sponsored War, shall be held 30 days before or 30 days after the
three day weekend of Pesidents Day.Thus do the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the
Kingdom of Caid pledge to place the Estrella War and the Great Western War on
Their Respective Kingdom Calendars and fully support participation of Their
Populaces for both events.

Done by Our Hands, this 6th day of June, Being Anno Societatis
XXXIII, or
1998 in the Common Reckoning.

 MATHGHAMHAIN                        RORIK
 Rex Atenveldtus                          Rex Caid

 KATERINA                                  KARINA
 Regina Atenveldtus                       Regina Caid

 DOUGLAS                                     IVAN
 Crown Prince, Atenveldt                  Crown Prince, Caid

 AMANDA                                         ANASTASIIA
 Crown Princess, Atenveldt                Crown Princess, Caid

 MRYDDINA                                         CARA
  Acting Aten Kingdom Seneschal            Caid Kingdom Seneschal, Caid

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace