jonwillowpel: Re: ES - Battle of Three Kings

willow l herbert jonwillowpel at juno.com
Wed Jun 17 23:27:24 PDT 1998

From: jonwillowpel
To: elfsea at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: Re: ES - Battle of Three Kings
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:39:25 -0500

Let it be known that I, Willow de Wisp Chief of Clan Caldal, does not
stand with the False Robert de Bruce. We of the western hill only follow
those of the old blood, not some Norman pretender with the blood of the
Red Comyn still red on his hand. Who can support a man who murders at the
foot of God's altar?

The "de Bruce" family, a french name, has been unfaithful to the cause of
Scotland since they  came to Scotland with King David. The de Bruce would
not stand with Scotland at the"Battle of Cuton Moor" in 1138.  When KIng
Baliol sought to free Scotland from the English, the De Bruce would not
stand with Scotland. When Wallace lead the cause, this de Bruce plundered
the lands of Wallace's supporters and carried off their wives and
children. This de Bruce has been much loved  by the English and high in
their councils even to the point of being consulted on the pacification
of Scotland.  The de Bruces have been true to Scotland only when it
suited them. They have been true to their word only as long as it
benefited their plans.

We of the Western isles and hills have been free. Our land our own. We
have not owned homage or duty to any king. De Bruce brings together an
army. With what will he pay such a gathering. His land and the land of
the other Norman families in the  South?  I think not. I think he will
look to the North and the West. To the lands that all Scottish kings have
tried to take. He will look to our homes. De Bruce will look to lands he
plundered before. Be careful, the freedom of de Bruces could be the yoke
of slavery.

Edward of England  promised lands. Lands given before the battle. He has
gold and gifts but best of all he lives far away. The distance enemy is
often the best. Edward will guarantee our lands give our clans charters.
He will protects us from the Scottish KIngs. Edward offers true freedom
for those of the Western isles and hills.