ES - Transporting weapons

CaptnAnn at AOL.com CaptnAnn at AOL.com
Sat Jun 27 04:38:19 PDT 1998

Greetings Mara:

I didn't get the chance to thank you earlier when you posted your
'Transporting Weapons' info, but I do think it is appropeau for all in SCA.

And just to add my 2 cents to All:  PLEASE also be very careful about the
knives we carry.  To *us* they are a part of our everyday personea lives --
but the constabulry does frown upon carrying any kind of *knife* into any
store which sells alcohol.  Example: if you're on a quick beer-run during an
event to the local 'Quicky-Mart' up the way, remember to remove your knife(s)
and leave them in the car before going into the store.  The law does view them
as *weapons* and if there is a problem someone could get arrested.

And I agree with what you kindly stated, getting arrested would DEFINITELY put
a damper on your weekend.

Please be careful, especially if you are a light weapons fighter -- foils and
other SCA legal fighting blades are considered weapons because they are *live
steel*.

Be safe in your journies, Lady Anne