ES - Directions to Highland Games

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Jun 5 08:13:56 PDT 1998

Mararede at AOL.com wrote:

> To get ot The Texas Highland Games and Scottish Festival--take your best route
> to Cooper St. in Arlington. Take Cooper to the University of Texas at
> Arlington. At Mitchell St, go west to Davis. Parking begins just past Mitchell
> and Davis, and continues all the way around Maverick Stadium. There is a fee
> for parking unless you go _very_ early. If anyone can give better directions
> it will not hurt my feeling!..
>
> Mara

These are great directions!  A couple of notes:  The intersection of
Cooper
and Mitchell has a LOT of construction going on, so it may not have
visible
signs.

If you're coming from the south, you'll pass a large parking lot
on your right (at UTA it's called the "South Forty") and the Centennial
Court Apartments on your left, and you'll see UTA's three bridges over
Cooper St. looming ahead of you; that's when you turn left.

If you're coming from the north, you'll pass under the three bridges,
then take the 2nd right thereafter, right next to the Centennial Court
Apartments.

I think these landmarks might be useful because, as I said, there may
not be a street sign visible.

- Galen