ES - RE: 4th of July demo (Stephenville)

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Thu Jun 18 12:31:31 PDT 1998

----------
> From: Mararede at AOL.com
> To: elfsea at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: ES - RE: 4th of July demo (Stephenville)
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 1998 1:54 PM
>
> I totally agree with Master Galen; I have a real problem about going
where we
> are not wanted (Well, not personally, but that's just me!). I was
informed as
> Central Regional Hospitaler that last year Dragonsfire Tor received _No_
> newcomers as the result of a very long hot effort (Not that we didn't
have
> fun, anything at the Tor is always fun!)Years ago Elfsea bailed out of
the
> Mayfest demo because it was 'way to much effort and hassle with no
results;
> the Burleson demo was the same.

Hi everyone--

     I agree with Mara in this.  I think the demo should be called off
unless something can be worked out.  Has anyone thought of doing a demo at
Tarleton State U?  I made my first 4th of July demo/Guardian of the Tor
last year.  It was fun, but it was hot.  The spot was good, under a bunch
of trees right near a busy street entering the park, but only one bite as
far as newcomers (a young man who has since made it only to one meeting)
that I know of.  If the city is unwilling to work with us and it is not
being "profitable," then maybe there should be some other ideas.

My two cents...

Genevieve