ES - Gulf Wars & Principalities

Donald Riney dariusobells at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 06:42:28 PDT 1998

Sorry bout the mess Don't know what happened, it just sent! If I may
continue...

Centurion Talen Brings out some excellent points concerning the war
effort and the principality issue.

On the subjest of Gulf War, The year of Gulf War 1 was my first in the
SCA. I remember the ferver with which the people of this kingdom
prepared for that first confrontation, bards discusing how to watch to
see the heros of the war apear during the battles, artisans preparing
thier best diplays, Fighters reparing and rebuilding armore so as to
look their bast when they stood in the Ansteorran Shield wall. And then
their were the Tabbards. Every-one was Making War tabards. new comers
first garb was often the Sabble Star on a field of gold.

Maybe we won to well that first time, Our blood it would seem has
cooled, no longer do the people drown out the crown in court at the meer
mention of war.And many now wear their war tabards when they have no
other garb to wear.

It is time to start again.

On the isue of Princepality I must agree with Talen that groups don't
automaticaly play well with others, An adjustment period would be
intensivly usefull. weather this would be done by the reshuffling of the
regions or the creation of a "Crown Principality" an identity as a whole
as a group is certanly required for unity. A "crown Prince ipality is a
geographical region declared as a principality by their kingdoms crown,
( the area populace willing of cours) but instead of a corrnet list for
the princepality the crown would simply add that styling to their
titles, "By Right of arms king of Ansteorra, , prince of Whateverania".
Thus allowing the area to become what they are being called, A
Principality. this action according to the Known world hand Book doesnt
require BOD to do any thing as it doesnt realy affect the way the region
is run or who they report to.
In service
Darius of the Bells