ES - Re: [IR] Gulf Wars

Ceinwen gafswpub at swbell.net
Wed Mar 18 12:59:13 PST 1998

Sharon wrote:

> A new fighters perspective of Gulf War
>
> There is a small bit of what i saw. I know there were many many brave acts
> committed, and Im sure i'll see them in the video. ;) To those of you i
> didn't mention, you were right there beside me fighting your hearts out. I
> am proud to fight with you all.
>
> When someone asked me about Gulf War, here's a few thoughts that
> immediately jump into my minds eye

> Wolf take a flying leap into a sea of spears and sheilds from a castle
> wall.  launch wolf one.
>
> I saw Conner and Roger smash thru the enemy!!!
>
> I saw Mark jump out and block an arrow headed right for us.  He didn't even
> hesitate
>
> I saw Stella command a group of complete greenhorns with honor and
> chivarly. I also saw her run right into a frightening and deadly wall of
> spears during the res battle.  She didn't even flinch.
>
> I saw Sir Galen rush a solid wall of spears and sheilds w/ only one other
> fighter inside the castle.  You should have seen those enemy types back up!
>
> I saw Logathar crouched around a window in the fort and wallop the evil
> trimarians on the other side
what a grin on his face.

> I saw Valentine grab spears coming thru the walls and with the ease and
> flexibility of a magician, return time and time again to stab the loathful
> enemy.
>
> I saw hengist crawling around the outside of a castle alone and having way
> too much fun doing it, with others (including dukes) he'd never met, racing
> up to his assistance.  Talk about a grin on THAT face!!
>
> I saw Sir Axel pound away and kill so many enemies and not go down easy.
> Wow what a fight.  You should have seen the 'OTHER' guy!! hehe
>
> I saw corbin at about 7 places at once
god knows how many trimarians fell
> to his deadly glave.
>
> I saw generations of knights welcome new fighters and let them join them in
> glorious battles.
>
> I saw a trimarian reach up and shake my hand during a hold thru a window in
> the castle.
>
> To all of the marshals who risked their lives walking around basically
> unarmoured during a mess of fighting, I thank you for keeping me safe.  To
> all water bearers who brought me water and oranges, I thank you for keeping
> it fun. To everyone else behind the scenes that made my first gulf war the
> most incredible experience i ever had, VIVAT!
>
> Can we do this again???

Take it from a humble 1st time GW water bearer.  It was a miraculous
sight even from the side-lines.  Cannot even put to words the feelings I
had while watching the battles.  It was spectacular!  VIVAT, to all who
where there and helped make this event happen.

Ceinwen