ES - Are we welcoming enough?

Ceinwen gafswpub at swbell.net
Fri May 15 06:31:33 PDT 1998

Ly Maili Donnel MacGregor wrote:
<snip>
> I only had one complaint.  I saw two couples (mundane) looking around and none
> approached them.  They had questions that needed to be ans.  It is very poor
> public relations not to approach them and help them.  <snip>
I send out the challenge that you all
> start to jump up and help others and be Hospitallers.  If you remember back to
> when you joined wasn't someone around to help you feel more comfortable?

I plan to take on this challenge.  I being a newcomer can remember
tagging along with Tanwyn at my first event, not knowing if what I was
doing was right or not.  I was lucky.  I had friends already established
in the SCA.  Some are not as lucky.  I intend to make a special effort
to search out these individuals so that they may have the same
opportunities as we do.

Because Life Is Good In Elfsea!
Ceinwen ferch Rhuol