jonwillowpel: Re: ES - courtesy

Chris and Anne House housec at nova1.net
Wed May 27 07:36:49 PDT 1998

>Duchess Willow
>You can see Dukes and Counts helping
>ladies with baskets,
>

>For the first time at Springfair.  I came with the children.  I had very
>little help in setting up and taking down camp.  In my younger days I never
>had trouble getting help.  (No hubbie with me) I guess this is what happen
>when you add a few years and LB. Sad I would say.
>(thank you for helping Ramoind)
<snip>
I found that that is also the first skill to go when you have not played in
a long time.  I
>needed to hear more of it to get back in the swing of it.  I told Gwen that
>the hardest thing about coming back was that I couldn't talk properly in
the
>SCA anymore and needed to work on it?

I agree. Being a relatively shy person in new situations to begin with,
re-entering the chivalric world after an absence is difficult. You think you
remember all the rules, and then you see all these new people who are acting
contrary to your memory - It drives me nuts. And then, in recent years
trying to re-enter the Dream, I have found much less courtesy that I
remembered in my newbie days.

Admittedly, I began in a different area - Let's just say I remember Eldern
Hills BEFORE they became a barony - but shouldn't courtesy be Kingdom, if
not Dream wide?

>I will if you all will.
I'll take that challenge!

Kiriandra