ES - Precedence

Arabella de Montacute ladyarabella at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 10:38:58 PDT 1998

>As to the, what do you call someone with multiple titles, that one gets
>awkward, and various peers have different preferences.  I prefer to be
>called Mistress if I'm functioning as a Laurel (like when I was running
the
>Frugal Garb Comp. at Springfaire)

I usually introduce you to others as Mistress, especially when they are
asking about garb and the time period you do so well.

and Your Excellency when I'm wearing my
>coronet.  I dont' usually expect my friends to use titles, except under
>formal conditions, like in court.

I didn't know you felt that way, I wish you had said something eariler.
But that gets back to that familiar thing I was talking about.
(Arabella logs her file folder brain to call Jeanmaire, Her Excellency,
when she has her hat on) It's really hard when you have a close friend
who has a hat to remember they have a title and may like to be called in
such a way.

On the other hand, I don't remember you introducing yourself as Mistress
or Her Excellency during the Thunder Buns Competition.  LOL!!!! Wouldn't
have been to proper I guess!  HEHEHEHEHEHE!

Arabella