ES - Axels & Axes

Sharon vivaine at flash.net
Mon May 18 12:49:36 PDT 1998

Not speaking for Hengist, I was excited to get to support host a no sheilds
tournament. Of course, Hengist did all of the work pulling this tournament
together, especially with a very busy personal schedule.  I think he did a
great job, and everyone seemed to not only have a good time, but fight in
very good form.  I was very impressed that Lann and Axel were tied for
first with 18 points each at the halfway mark during the tourney.  I was
also elated to see such a great turnout.

Congrats to Keef (i hope i spelled that right as well) who came in with the
fewest points and was awarded a shield kit.

There were approximately 98 rounds fought within two hours, with the
exception of the mandatory ice cream truck break taken at the last 15
minutes!

I would like to thank Aiofe for helping me run the list, and gave me
biobreaks during the tourney AND for taking pictures.  I also want to thank
Ceinwen (i hope i spelled that right) for making and donating a beautiful
blue woven belt that was also awarded to Axel.

Axel...will you promise to teach that flaming tiki-torch shot at the next
fighter practice?

Again, thank all of you in Elfsea and the surrounding shires, cantons, and
baronies who showed up and fought thier butts off.

Vivat!!!!!!

Vivaine Taarnfalk
Barony of Elfsea