ES - Courtesy & Other Things

Phyllis Spurr Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
Wed May 27 08:52:27 PDT 1998

> Date:          Wed, 27 May 1998 09:24:34 -0500
> From:          Sharon Palkowetz <vivaine at flash.net>

<snip>
> It can be intimidating to use the wrong
> one, so its easier to fall onto the old standby of Lord or Lady,

I know that too often I have been guilty of laziness when it comes to
addressing people with their correct titles, especially when I know
that person very well.  I have further compounded the problem by
introducing myself as Eowyn, instead of whatever title Eowyn.  In
doing this, I was attempting to help the person not feel intimidated
and make myself approachable.

<snip>
> On a personal note, if i have offended anyone by not using the proper
> title, then i apologize from my heart.
>
> Vivaine

You have never offended me.

> Axel , Jeanmaire & Diane Remes wrote:

>   <all sorts of snipage>
>  For my own  part, I would rather that people feel friendly
>towards me rather than be exacting about my title.

I agree.  I would rather have people come up and speak with me than
be put off by the laurel.  For my part, however,  I will endeavor to
address everyone by their correct titles.  I have worked very long
and hard to receive a Laurel.  Perhaps I will start introducing
myself as Meistres Eowyn.

In service
Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra  (Fort Worth, Texas)
Central Regional Seneschal
e-mail:  Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
office phone:  (817) 264-4384
home phone:    (817) 460-1539