ES - Courtesy & Other Things

JSHAW3412 at AOL.com JSHAW3412 at AOL.com
Wed May 27 11:10:13 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/27/98 12:50:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
StoneCircle at earthcorp.com writes:

<<
     	I would like to add comments on another note of courtesy
 however. Since I have been playing (again) I have noticed that the
 courtesy on the whole is not what it used to be (5 years ago, when I
 began). At both Elfsea Defender, and Elfsea Springfaire I got to site
 before my lord, and set up camp by myself. On both occasions there
 were men (healthy full grown men) standing around watching me, who
 never  offered to help me. (At Defender they did finally offer
 when I went to set up the walls of my tent.) This weekend, there were
 several times when I was walking from camp to the list field with
 my arms full of HEAVY things, no one offered to come to my
 aid, and when we were setting up camp (next to the vigil) on Friday
 night, there were several Knights who stood and watched myself and
 another lady unloading our vehicles, without the offer of aid. How
 are newcomers supposed to learn these things if not by example?
 	As for asking for help, it seems to me that since chivalry,(the
 respect and courtesy with which we are supposed to treat one another)
 is one of the main building blocks, which the Society has been
 created upon, no one should have to ask. Maybe that is taking a bit
 of a hard stand, but then again my belief is that most of us are big
 boys and girls and shouldn't have to be reminded like children. If
 those of us who have been around a while, will teach by example, then
 newer people will learn, and will understand much better, than being
 told "Do as I say, not as I (or a good portion of the people) do."

 *stepping off my soapbox, yet once again* >>

Vivot!!!!!!!!

Thank you you said it so much better than I did earlier.
Donnel