ES - Star Trek (A great idea)

Richard Threlkeld rjt at acm.org
Mon Nov 30 22:44:32 PST 1998

> Another idea jumped into my mind.  (As scary as that might be.)  Does
> anyone want to get together for dinner before?  I know there is an IHOP
> right on the corner of I-30 and Eastchase.  I figure we can meet a
> couple hours before the start of the show.  This will give us time to
> eat and leisurely arrive at the theatre.  As if it needs to be
> mentioned, respond if interested.
> Raimond

We used to meet at that IHOP in garb after Moot (in Ft Worth).  They were
always nice and we tipped well.  Then one night they gave up really bad
service.  We complained to the manager and, if anything, the service got
worse.  He did not even apologize.  We decided we were not welcome anymore
and began going to other places.

Of course, they may have changed.  Also, if your numbers are high, we might
need to talk about a meeting room or such for dinner no matter where we go.

Caelin