ES - Bordermarch....

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Mon Nov 23 09:33:32 PST 1998

>Greetings Elfsea,
>
>I was hoping someone would post highlights from the Bordermarch
>melees last weekend.  Since no one has yet, then I'll go ahead and ask
>people to send me their input.  I hope everyone had a great time and a
>safe trip, I'm sorry I missed the event.

Once Saturday morning's rain passed, it was great.  Rain was mostly
done by 11, and the melees got underway.

Hengist & Vivaine, no one of blamed you for bailing out on Saturday
morning; we mostly agreed that if we hadn't had campsites to pack
up, we might have left, too.

Sir Badon received his Iris of Merit, Terleri ferch Paul
was made a Mistress of the Laurel, and the Ericus & Amberlea
stepped down as Baron and Baroness of Bordermarch; Simonn and
Tessa were named Vicar and Vicaress until the next Baron/ess
is appointed.

The fighting, as always, was great fun.  Elfsea, under the
command of Baron Llywelyn and Centurion Wolf, fought very well.
Our fighters included Lord Conor na Mara, Lord Llew ni Maelin,
Lord Morrick, Lord Fearghus MacKenna, Daniel Stewart, and Armand
Dragonetti (and I'm sure I forgot somebody).  Crandal was there
marshalling.  Armand received his "shaky knees" scroll at court
(this is a very old tradition, at which a new fighter who achieves
his first battlefield kill that day is commemorated).  Our fighters
bragged of many glorious kills, and I even surprised a few of my
fellow knights, and gained a compliment or two.  I also heard some
of my brother knights telling war stories involving Llew and Wolf.

Morgan MacKenzie had his armor booth out, showing off his stuff
to one and all.

Allessandra and Arfan were there taking good care of us, too.
They cooked chili, which we carried over to Duke Kein's camp
to join in his annual Thanksgiving feast.  I had the pleasure
of introducing my sister, Baroness Mirrim, to many of our
folks.

I marshalled the rapier melee the next day, to express my
gratitude to the rapier fighters who'd marshalled the day
before.

It was a good time.  But I didn't get anywhere near drunk
enough on Saturday to explain the hangover I had Sunday.
Thanks again to Bear, Crandal and Daniel for helping
Allessandra pack our camp.

- Galen