ES - Gulf War update

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Tue Nov 24 07:19:50 PST 1998

This will probably be the only time I forward a message
from the Chivalry list to the Elfsea list:

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Date:        11/24  8:15 PM
From:        Michael F. Gunter, mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
To:          ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
             ansteorra-chivalry at Ansteorra.ORG

Good Day All,

Last weekend we were hosted by the Kingdom of Meridies at their Gatalop
event outside of Mobile, AL. And a fine time we had as well. Meridies is
to be thanked for being such wonderful hosts.

The main point of this was a meeting between ourselves, Their Majesties
Meridies, Their Majesties Trimaris, and Gulf War representatives. The
meeting was very pleasant and productive.

Here are the tentative rules for this next Gulf Wars:

Open Field Battles - best two out of three - combat archery will be in
the first and third.

Castle Battles - 2 battles of 1 hour each. Siege weapons and combat
archery will be used throughout.

Resurrection Battle - fought in the ravine - 1 hour - must hold two
out of the three flags (flags are stationary) - no combat archery.

Armored Champions Fights - will be held before the Open Field Battles
- 5 chivalry, 5 non-belted, 5 allies.

Rapier Champions Fights - 7 Trimarian/Ansteorran, 4 Allies.

Live Weapons and Archery Clout shoot will be the same as last year.

Service Points will be the same as last year.

Unfortunately, we could not get equestrian to be a War Point this year.
But
equestrian will have a competition in preparation for next year where it
looks like it will be a certain War Point. Sorry, but the Trimarian
Equestrian
Marshal was dead against it this year.  Please direct all questions,
gripes, and
complaints to um...Hanse.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Also, helmets will be proof against arrows and thrusts. Faces will be
considered
open and only a touch is needed to kill. "Positive pressure" will not be
required.
This is in hopes that people won't get jacked too hard to the face this
year.

The rules for the A&S points are on the Gulf War web page and (I think)
in one of
the recent Black Stars.

Remember that the War starts a day early this year so there will be more
time
for fighting, shopping, and partying!

Ansteorra will have two areas designated for Kingdom camping. Sara and I
have
elected to stay in one of the cabins instead of the condo so we can be
closer
to the Kingdom. In the area usually devoted to the Ansteorra Court tent we
are asking that only period pavillions be erected in the general cabin
area.
We are wanting to make the cabin area the face of Ansteorra to visitors
and
want it to look nice.

It is *very* important that you pre-register for the war - the forms
are available in the Black Star, and on-line at the Gulf War website.

We are going to need every Ansteorran. We need fighters, archers, siege
engineers,
artisans, service people, waterbearers, fencers, shoppers, partiers,
you-name-iters.
Let's get to work folks. This is going to be fun!

Yours,

Gunthar & Sara
Prince & Princess