ES - Re: SR - Bjornsborg floods

CADET1313 at AOL.com CADET1313 at AOL.com
Sun Oct 18 21:15:45 PDT 1998

<<
 As those of you know, the Bjornsborg's event was flooded out.  Some who
stayed
 behind were evacuated by the National Guard.  One of those was Christiana,
the
 feast-o-crat.    The Guadulupe has raised thirty feet.  The rain has let up
 here in San Antonio, but they say another wave is on it's way.  It's caused
by
 a hurricane close to Baja Mexico..

 Please folks.. check in and let all know you're safe..

 Caitlin O' >>

Greetings all!

This is Christiana, the washed out (or up) feast steward.  Yes, we were
trapped in the site for approximately 8 hours, but every one is fine.  We
cooked up the portions of the feast that couldn't be saved, so even though we
were wet and cold, we weren't hungry!!  Contrary to reports, we were not
rescued by the National Guard, we just waited for the water to recede.  The
group that went up today (Sunday) got back fine, though we questioned their
sanity for going :)

For those who don't know what's going on, Bexar county and several surrounding
counties recieved between 15 and 23 inches of rain in a 24 hour period,
flooding most of the rivers, creeks, lakes and dams in the area.  There has
been massive destruction.  Fortunately, as far as I know, everyone here is
fine.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in while we were stuck, and to those who came
out to see if we were ok.  I think the idea of offering to help our friends at
Whitewater is a super one.  They drove down several times to make sure we were
ok.  Of course, they probably yelled themselves hoarse as they tried to holler
across the lake that used to be the lower field.

Thanks again to all,

Christiana Ivarsdottir