ES - Local Primary Sources for Recipes

Phyllis Spurr Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
Fri Oct 9 06:57:19 PDT 1998

> From:          "Sue Dittrich" <dittrich at flash.net>
> Date:          Fri, 9 Oct 1998 00:13:16 -0500

> Hello Elfsea!
>
> 	Second question--where are some good sources on period cooking?  I'm
> mainly looking for info on what they used in their recipes, what is period,
> what is not, etc.  Any help (especially good
> primary resources) would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Lady Genevieve

Lady Genevieve, I have several primary sources of recipes for
fourteenth century and forward.  If you are interested in looking
at these references you may come by my apartment this weekend and we
can discuss period cookery along with documentation needs for
competitions.

This is an open invitation to anyone interested in this topic.  Bring
your cooking sources and lets talk period cookery at my apartment at
2:00 p.m. on Saturday.

Please e-mail me prior to 5:00 p.m. today, or call me at home after
5:30 p.m.  (817) 460-1539, if you are interested in this impromptu
get together.  (Yes, I know there are other things going on!)
Depending on interest, I will  take time to do it again and place it
properly on the local calendar.

Yours in service,

Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra  (Fort Worth, Texas)
Central Regional Seneschal
e-mail:  Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
office phone:  (817) 264-4384
home phone:    (817) 460-1539