ES - Fool's Court: For the Kids -- the adult's little black pouches...

CaptnAnn at AOL.com CaptnAnn at AOL.com
Fri Oct 30 04:47:41 PST 1998

Greetings & good morning to everyone!

Remember I requested that all adults (if you'd like to participate) carry a
black pouch of some kind during Fool's Court/Revel?  Well now I'll tell you
why...

It's for the Children's Halloween Quest to carry items such as:

1. a small list of SIMPLE historical questions you may ask the children if
they come to you (I'll have this at the troll table).

2. to hold small trinket/items/largess you would like to bring to give to them
-- feel free to make a small purchase (under $3) if you'd like, as a donation
to their fun since NO candy will be officially distributed.

3. to hold small lengths of orange ribbon to give to the children. I will have
more available if you run out.

The game rules are simple:  A child may get an orange ribbon at your
disgression if:

- they say something interesting
- do something interesting
- say/do something historical/chivalrous/etc.
- helps someone in some way
- they answer a question correctly
- if they give you a wrong but interesting answer
- do something that impresses you/makes you laugh/touches your heart...
- speaks of something 'historical'
- speaks 'the King's English'
- herald's something, assists someone, etc.
- plays a game of chess
- etc, etc, etc...

This area is wide open.  Use your imagination.  The idea is to distribute the
ribbons generously to the children for their involvement, and keep their minds
off the 'no-candy' thing.  We have a whole day to be ribbon-generous.

In the evening (?) when the Quest is over, I will count all participating
children's ribbons for a total.  During the Masqued Ball we will have a
'Children's Break.'  They will line up in 'ribbon-number' order and choose a
mystery prize from a big black cauldron (one of the large plastic one's, about
16" round & 12" high).  Don't worry -- only good things will be in here: toys,
games, etc. (donations to the cauldron are acceptable and appreciated.)

When all the children have a prize, secreted in one of them will be an
indicator of sort to determine the 'grand prize, recipient.  All the children
have the same chance no matter how many ribbon they do/don't get.  The
remaining children will continue to choose prizes until the cauldron is empty.

And that's the Children's Quest!

If you have further suggestion/questions, I will be checking my e-mail several
times today, and also tommorow morning early before I leave for the site.

In Service,  Lady Anne