ES - Celtic Heritage Festival Demo

Brenda L Chan breee at juno.com
Sun Oct 11 20:23:05 PDT 1998

I would like to thank each and everyone of you who came out to the Celtic
Heritage Festival.

Imagine me.....bree~ willing/desperate to put on armour to try to make
this happen?  (knowing that I probably would not be able to move the next
day!)

It is really incredible to me that you would care enough to come out and
not disappoint all those people who came up to me during the day and
asked about the demo.

Saturday, we even talked my husband Johnny (Martial Arts background) into
putting on borrowed armour!   HE LEARNED ALOT!

He says "The movements have to be aquired....they are not natural
movements"......(*smile*)
In other words.....it is much harder to master than it looks!
Well, I must say that he looks very handsome in armour! (*smile*)

Again my thanks go out to all of you who came to make this a successful
event.   The demo that the fighters put on brought something very special
to the Celtic Festival..........I was up on the hill with the others
looking down on the list field, and there are no words to express the
feeling that was on that hill. Hearing the comments of those watching
made me realize how lucky I am to be a part of SCA.  The fighters on that
field looked incredible!   YOU GUYS WERE

I'm hoping that next year you will all consider coming out and doing it
again......
Whether Scottish, Irish, Welsh, or Cornish........
This event is for Celtic Heritage.....
"A time when we can all come together" and celebrate together!

Saturday night there was GREAT MUSIC and Great Fun!
I hope that next year we can do it again.   I will be there...........