ES - Glaslyn demo at Arts & Jazz Fest

Mark A. Arnold maarnold at gte.net
Sat Apr 3 08:20:36 PST 1999

The half-hatted, flower-shirtted invaders threaten again. We beg you to
send your fiercest warriors and most cunning artisans to our defense.
Else all will be lost -- our beer, food, consorts, lands, horses, sheep
(Oh, No, NOT the sheep), and our parking spaces.

Denton Arts and Jazz Festival -- Denton Municipal Park

Come to one of the most fun demos around. It was a HOOT last year.
There'll be 5 stages going all the time, beer, food, dancing, singing,
beer, arts & crafts, lots of people with very little clothing (weather
depending), beer. Fights before the beer (or maybe we'll fight for the
beer -- your choice of prepositions). We need marshalls, too. We didn't
have any light fighters, last year. I'd love to have some this year. I'd
like to make little favors with which the spectators may choose their
champions. Little-favor-making-workshop to be announced.

Volunteer to maarnold at gte.net
Llew Mailin, Knight's Marshall of Glaslyn and autocrat for this event.
Mark A. Arnold -- (940) 243-7811

Glaslyn demo schedule...
April 24 -- 8am-9am -- Setup booth and list field
April 24 -- 9am-10am -- Armor inspection (and all day, as needed)
April 24 -- 10am-1pm -- Fights, challenges, hand-kissing
April 24 -- 1pm-2pm -- Break
April 24 -- 2pm-4pm -- More fighting
April 24 -- 4pm-? -- Beer, oggling, and wandering around

April 25 -- 11am-Noon -- Setup booth and list field and armor
inspections
April 25 -- Noon-2pm -- More fighting
April 25 -- 2pm - 3pm -- break
April 25 -- 3pm-4pm -- Even more fighting
April 25 -- 4pm-? -- more beer
(Setup times are set in stone. Fighting times subject to change.)

The festival is open...
April 23 -- 5pm-10pm
April 24 -- 10am-10pm
April 25 -- Noon-8pm

function Directions()
    {
    if ( FromDallas )
        {
        Take I35E north to Denton;
        Take the Dallas Drive exit.
        /* The exit ramp just becomes Dallas Drive and you will be
heading north.  */
        } // end if FromDallas

    elseif ( FromFortWorth )
        {
        Take I35W north to Denton;
        Where ( I35W meets I35E )
            go south on I35E;
        Take the Teasley exit;
        Turn left onto Teasley;            /* i.e., at the light, turn
under the freeway */
        Where (Teasley meets Dallas Dr. )
            turn left onto Dallas Drive; /* you'll then be heading north
*/
        } // end if FromFortWorth

    Where (Dallas Dr. meets Eagle )
        Dallas Dr. becomes Bell Avenue; /* poof */
    Continue northward on Bell Avenue;
    Where ( Bell Avenue meets McKinney St. )
        {
        The Denton municipal building is on the northwest corner;
        The Denton Municipal Park is behind (i.e. north of) the
municipal building;
        There are streets and neighborhoods all around the park where
you may find parking;
        } // end where

    } // end function Directions()