ES - (Fwd) period technical notes

G.R.Rhine PenGwen at ticnet.com
Sun Apr 25 06:16:42 PDT 1999

This came across the equestrian list... I thought you all might
enjoy it. *smile*

           The Top 11 Differences in the Middle Ages
                 if Microsoft Had Existed Then

11> Chastity belts require a password rather than a key.

10> Last year's pitchfork not compatible with this year's hay.

 9> Lord Gates claims he has no memory of any memo describing
    his intention to "wipeth my arse with the Magna Carta."

 8> The "Good Plague" hoax.

 7> Horses routinely stop in mid-stride, and require a boot to
    the rear to start again.

 6> The Microsoft Rack would work, but it would be 3 times
    larger than it should be and never completely kill anyone.

 5> Forget about William Tell; William Gates shoots Apple off
    the head of Steve Jobs.

 4> Use of a large, clumsy broadsword instead of yet-to-be-
    invented scissors helps explain Lord Bill's haircut.

 3> Archbishop of Canterbury gets hit in the face with a pie.

 2> Stained Glass Windows MCCCXXXXV actually not released
    until Spring of MCCCXXXXVI.

      and Topfive.com's Number 1 Difference in the
      Middle Ages if Microsoft Had Existed Then...

 1> The Y1K bug threatens to cripple high-tech industries,
    like stonemasonry and weaving.