ES - Consort Tourney Clarification.......

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Tue Apr 6 15:13:40 PDT 1999

On Apr 6,  4:03pm, Wes Duke wrote:
> Consort's Ransom Tournament  -  at Elfsea's Springfaire
>
> In days long gone by, when kings were great and princes were
> charming, there was a custom of keeping captured nobles hostage, such as
> the
> King of Germany did to Richard Couer de Leon.  Such men were treated
> with
> great respect and even reverence, given many privileges, plenty of food
> and
> entertainment, but not their freedom, until such time as a ransom could
> be paid
> to those who held the lord hostage.
Hi,
	I'm not arguing the issue, but you are using bad history for arguing
about consorts.  As I recall, Richard was well treated by the King of Germany
(it might have been another case where he was hostage), but there are
significant indications that they were lovers.
	Of course, there is also the fact that the crushing taxes alluded to in
the Robin Hood story were for the purpose of bailing him out.
	I always preferred John, who I think got a bad wrap from history, so
YMMV.
--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes