ES - ATYC T-Shirt Bid

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Mon Apr 19 09:09:33 PDT 1999

On Apr 19, 11:04am, Paul Mitchell wrote:
> Subject: Re: ES - ATYC T-Shirt Bid
> Speaking in my capacity as a member of the populace...
>
> Joe Pelfrey recently said:
>
> >Our break even point would be 150 T-shirts sold at $10.00 each.
> >This would be a one color / one location imprint on a Hanes Beefy T 100%
> >cotton shirt.(Final artwork not approved as yet, looking at a black t-shirt
> >with the ATYC logo on the front.)
> >The front money and break even point was based on 216-lrg and xl , 50-2xl,
> >30-3xl, 20-4xl.
> >The potential profit on 100% sell through at these numbers is 1,664.82.
> >The proposed break down is a 20/80 split between Kingdom and Barony.
>
> I think the numbers look great, and I really like the idea of
> Elfsea trying to do this (I have other information that there
> are other bids being prepared).
>
> My comments are about the design.  Are we _really_ going to be
> able to sell _black_ t-shirts in the high heat of mid-July?
	I've done some t-shirts.  The black won't get lost if you have the
proper layo0ut (basically a tincture to preserve the outline).  I did this with
a gold on blue "Galactic Patrol" badge in 1990.
> And the ATYC logo is half-black and half-gold.  Won't half of
> it be lost on a black background?
>
> See the logo at <http://www.ansteorra.org/20thyr/>.
>
> Thanks to William and Cassandra for their efforts on this.
	A couple of things:
*	Is the design and the printing being done separately?  (It should be).
*	Are there any plans to try to advance sell (Perhaps with a slight
discount)?  This would give a better idea of the market and the size range (I
would suggest going with lots of XL and larger T's)
*	Beefy-Ts are a nice selection, but people who get them should remember
that they shrink a bit more than poly cotton, so if you are normally a med, get
a large, etc.

--
Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
msaroff at pobox.com