ES - Fool's Revel

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Mon Apr 19 15:40:03 PDT 1999

Siade the Bard recently said:

>--- Timothy Rayburn <timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> mi'lord Saide and any who would care to even think of accepting this idea,
>>
>> I would point out to you that the creation of such an image most certainly
>> could be considered defimation of the good name of my Queen,
>
>Are you saying that for an artist to depict the Queen in all her splendor
>would be defamation?

No, he's saying that the computer equivalent of taking a nude
body and pasting Sara's face onto it -- _especially_ without HRM's
leave -- would be obscene by any reasonable definition of the word.

Besides, as any fool knows, "the Queen in all her splendor" includes
crowns and gowns, a fine throne, and finer jewels, a great king by
her side, the kingdom they rule, the armies they command, and the
artists they inspire.  Matter for a fine painting, but never a
computer-doctored photo.

<snip>
>two ways: either that the queen's beauty is best preserved by hiding it or

It wouldn't be "the queen's beauty", but someone's fantasy of the
queen, a matter best left in one's private thoughts, and then only
if one is the king.

>a heavy weapon fighter recently made squire is inept!  In the first case, you
>now have called upon yourself the entire queen's guard, and in the latter
>case
>you merely have to worry about the Knights.

Well, as to that, a recently-made squire is expected to be inept.
As Good King Gerard once said, "all that red belt really means
is that some knight, somewhere, thinks you can't make it on
your own".  But Armand doesn't need my guidance to know that to
to create an image like that of the queen, though perhaps not
different in technique from the methods used to illustrate "Sfi's
'Dream'", would surely be of a wholly 'nother moral nature,
and his judgement and dignity would never permit his
attention being turned to such a matter.  _Isn't_ _that_ RIGHT,
_squire_?

>Siade the
>  "Who's the official Baronial Trouble Maker, again?"
>    Bard
>(aka, The Bad Bard of Elfsea)

To paraphase Billie Burke, "are you good bard, or bad bard?"
"But I already told you..."

- Galen