ES - Star Wars

Sean Kelley Sean_Kelley at stercomm.com
Fri Apr 30 12:43:32 PDT 1999

>Star Wars has been a topic for some time, under the "of general
>interest clause".  A crowd of us saw the last Star Trek movie as
>a group, too, organized on this list by Raimond.

>So, who's organizing a group?

>- Galen
listadmin

Well just my two bits on this issue.
The two best overall theaters in Dallas are the UA Galaxy on 635 at Jupiter and
a closer runner up and maybe the champion if it gets the Imax online would be
the Cinemack 17 on 635 at Webchappel.  While both of these theaters are a decent
drive they will be worth it for seeing Star wars.  I know that the Galaxy WILL
be selling tickets via phone with credit cards and it is my current choice for
where to go.  I am going to probably take the day off and go to the first
showing I can get tickets to.  I think they are likely to limit ticket sales (I
have heard as few as 12 per customer).  If this is true we probably need to
break up into equvilant sized groups and choose a person who will be phoning in
to get tickets.  I have basically already gotten such a group together so am
unavailable for such a task.  Hope this information helps.  You can find the
numbers for both of these theaters using 444 film or the net.

I hope that helps some,

Bayne